Let the Reading Begin! (Read-a-Thon Updates)



Hello my crazy 24-hour readin' friends!  I am glad to be doing another read-a-thon, even if I should probably be cleaning my house or doing laundry instead.  Meh.

I'm also hosting the Book Puzzle mini-challenge from hour 3 to the end of hour 6, so be sure to check it out!

Here are my status updates and such like, for those who care:

Hour 20 update: And I'm off to bed after this!

Title of book(s) currently reading: Still going at The Fox Inheritance by Mary Pearson with All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin, handy as well
Number of books completed since I started:  2 (
Can You Survive: Jack London's Call of the Wild adapted by Ryan Jacobson and Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick)
Pages read since last update: 58
Running total of pages read since I started: 954 (+ audio book)
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 1 hr 15 min

Running total of time spent reading since you started: 10 hr 5 min
Mini-challenges completed: 6 (see them here)

And here is my intro mini-challenge answers, though all the other mini-challenges I do will be on a separate mini-challenge post.  This post I will use to update my progress (or sanity as the case may be) - see above. 

Where are you reading from today?
Tis my first 'thon in Arizona - it's certainly warmer, so I'll spend some time outside.

Three random facts about me
1-I can wiggle my little toe separately from the rest of my toes (I knew you'd love that tidbit)
2-Speaking of toes, mine are dextrous enough I can pick items up with them if I'm too lazy to bend down
3-I really like to eat cheese 
(wow, I think that's the most random I've gotten before)

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
Here's the photo pile:

There are 12 there (so ridiculous), though a few are quite short.  Plus I've got Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick on audio and a handful of e-books for devouring if I need some screen time.  I always overdo it.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
Hm...I'm going to say I'd like to finish 5 books.  I guess I better start with the short/fast ones.  (Wonderstruck is totally going to get me a huge # of pages in a very short time - is that cheating?)

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
Start with a short/fast book so you can finish one and feel like you're doing amazing early on.  And eat lots of yummy snacks.

Any other crazy ambitious read-a-thoners out there? Go forth reading-fiends!


If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More