Weekly Geeks 2011-10 Ten Things

ETA: I forgot to link to Weekly Geeks

1. As much as I love reading new books and new-to-me books, I LOVE rereading books! I do. It is comforting, yes. And satisfying. You might think a book--even a GREAT book--wouldn't be as engaging the second (third, fourth, or even fifth) time around, but I haven't found that to be the case. I think I got more out of North and South the second time around because the characters were already my friends. Because I connected sooner, I was able to notice all the little things that made the story work well.
2. Rereading books is a great way to assess myself as a reader.  Is the book that I loved, loved, loved three years ago really that great? Or did I forget about it three months later? There's no way for me to know if it was infatuation or true love if I never revisit the book. A great book only benefits from a rereading.
3. One bad book can change (forever) how you feel about a series.
4. I never read just one book at a time. I am almost always reading three to five books.
5. I could never commit to reading just one genre.
6. [Bad] Book covers fascinate me. For example, I LOVE looking at old paperback covers. [Dell] [Signet] [Avon] [Bantam] [Ballantine] There are whole decades that I question if there was such a thing as a good book cover!
7. I visit my library regularly.
8. I love reading classics. I especially love bearded Victorians!
9. I never listen to an audio book unless I've read the book. Richard Armitage reading Georgette Heyer makes me giddy!
10. I would rather love a book or hate a book than be left feeling completely indifferent. Because how can you review a book when you feel absolutely nothing?!

© 2011 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More