First Impressions: Cover Sillies

I'm going to do a little trial run of a new sort-of feature and if you think it's lame or weird, feel free to let me know (or if there are no comments, that's a good indication too :)  

Anyway, what I essentially will do is admit to my ridiculous first impressions of covers.  This could be a silly reaction or simply a misinterpretation of what is being shown.  I want to note that I am NOT making fun of the covers, which I've noticed most people love.  Obviously, that also goes for the contents of the books, some of which I haven't read.  This is purely based on covers.  What I'm saying is that every time I see them, I think something random about it.  Well, let me just show you.

The Iron Witch 
Every time I see this cover, I think: she is smelling her armpit.  Seriously!  I don't know why I think that, but there it is.

And while we're talking about body odors...
 Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side

Every time I see this cover, I think: he must have some killer bad vampire breath.  I think this will officially make my weirdness public.  Ah, well.

Any thoughts on these?  Any covers you misinterpret?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More