Book Review: He's So Not Worth It by Kieran Scott

He's So Not Worth It by Kieran Scott
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Publication date: June 2011
Pages: 368
Source: e-copy of ARC provided by GalleyGrab

For: Review
Series: He's So/She's So, Book 2


Ally's life has certainly gotten a lot more complicated.  After the disaster at Shannen's party where she realized her friends really don't want her, she retreats into a different life.  In order to avoid her almost-boyfriend, Jake, she will do almost anything - including possibly spending the summer on Long Island where all of her former friends will be.  Can things get any more complicated?  Of course they can.

Things I Liked:
I'm kind of hooked on the twisty, soap opera-y life that is displayed here.  The rich, the poor, the envy, the malice, the hate and the hurt - all so engrossing.  It's so horrifying that it's interesting.  I really don't much like Ally in this book.  She acts like a jerk almost through the whole thing, treating her friends and family like dirt and then wondering why they're angry.  The book almost seems like a manual for how to be selfish.  Still, it's like I can't look away from these teens who struggle to figure out themselves while making tons of awful mistakes.  It's definitely got that real feel to it!


Things I Didn't Like:
I really was annoyed with how stupid the characters acted sometimes.  Yes, it is very likely realistic, but it still bugs.  I got very tired of Jake swearing every other word.  Seriously, I get it, he swears, but do I have to keep getting hit in the face with it?  I'm not sure I can handle another book of this, but of course this one ends on a ridiculous cliff-hanger revelation.  We'll see.


Read-alikes:
Read the first book, She's So Dead to Us first
Populazzi by Elise Allen
The Real Real by Emma Mclaughlin and Nicola Kraus

BOOK CONTENT RATINGS:
s-factor: !@#$%
a lot with numerous f-words


mrg-factor: XX
plenty of page time, though not a lot of descriptive material


v-factor: none
but I thought I'd mention lots of underage alcohol consumption here


Overall rating: ***

Not exactly something I'd "recommend," but somehow it's addicting, like bad reality TV.

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More