An Excuse to Read All Day!


It's finally here!  I'm so excited to be participating in Dewey's 24-hour read-a-thon again and I'm also hosting a mini-challenge later today.  Be sure to check that out.  To start off (I'm only about two hours late getting up...as usual) I'm doing the hour 1 meme:

Where are you reading from today? 

From the comfort of my recliner chair, bed, and possibly porch (ok, in Utah)

3 facts about me

-I burned to a crisp an attempted batch of lemon bars (left the apartment while they were still in the oven) - won't be snacking on those!
-I'm one of those wishing that the hot summer weather would come back...
-Though now that I said that, I really want a cup of hot chocolate and a scone!

 That ain't brownies, friends!

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
That looks like eleven - plus an audio and one on my kindle.  Make that thirteen.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon?
I'm not going to be expecting much of myself as far as time commitments.  I'd like to get a handful of books finished, but I'll be happy with three.  I'm also hoping to do a few mini-challenges, but not nearly as many as I did last time.  More time reading for me.  I'm aiming for about 12-14 hours of reading time today.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?

Get comfortable - you don't want to have a crick in your neck from all that reading!

I'll probably just be just updating this post for a while, so check back to this for changes:

Title of book(s) currently reading: The Heir of Night by Helen Lowe & The Kings of Clonmel by John Flanagan
Number of books read since you started: finished 1, started 2, continued with 1
Pages read since last update: 110
Running total of pages read since you started: 306
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 1.75 hours

Running total of time spent reading since you started: 4.75 hours
Mini-challenges completed: 4

And, as an added bonus picture for the hour 5 meme from My Read Room, here's some of my signed books:


Best of luck to those who are participating!

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More