Library Loot (and Movie Obsessions)


I've been kind of in a library slump (again) and didn't get anything for a while.  But, suddenly, my holds are back in action.  Here they are this week:

The Beacon at Alexandria by Gillian Bradshaw
The Cardturner by Louis Sachar
Darklight by Lesley Livingston
Iron King by Julie Kagawa
One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
Son of Shadows by Juliet Marillier (again - I swear I'll get to it this time!)
Harry Potter #5-7 by J.K. Rowling (on audio, we WILL finish this challenge if it kills us!)


I also got two for review:
We Shall Overcome by Stuart Stotts
Manifest by Artist Arthur


Photobucket
And since I spaced it last Saturday, I'm adding my A Bit of Me(Me) post (hosted at There's a Book) today (and probably another this Saturday - won't you just be sick of me and my personal info). 

This week, we are talking about our favorite movies.  I'm kind of sad to admit that my husband and I don't watch many movies - at least not new ones.  I thought it would be fun, though, to look at how my favorites have changed over time.  I used to be the kind of person who would obsess over a movie for a while and then find a new one to obsess about.  My first favorite movie (that I recall) is:


Sleeping Beauty (Two-Disc Platinum Edition)
Yes, Sleeping Beauty was the movie I would beg my parents to get every time we went to the rental store.  I've watched it a few times in my "old age" and realized - it ain't that great. :)

Next, I moved on to the "I adore this cute movie character phase"

Newsies (Collector's Edition)  Seven Brides for Seven Brothers 
I would watch Newsies and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers over and over again.  To this day, I can still quote, sing, and probably dance both movies.  I was in love with Jack and Davey (and Spot) from Newsies and I probably picked a different brother to love each week from Seven Brides.  

Then, I went through my classic book turned movie phase, which lasted up until a few years ago.  During this time I adored:

Gone with the Wind (Two-Disc 70th Anniversary Edition)  Jane Eyre (BBC, 1983)  Pride and Prejudice - The Special Edition (A&E, 1996) 
Sense & Sensibility (Special Edition)  Emma  The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Theatrical Editions + Digital Copy) [Blu-ray] 
Actually, I still love most of these ones and would consider Pride and Prejudice and Lord of the Rings all-time favorites. 

And, for kicks, one of my more recent favorites is:


Amazing Grace
So, there you have it - my tastes over the years :)

Got a favorite movie to share or something good you got at the library?
If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More